Beauté

My Hair Before:

Before

Before

After the Hair Botox:

After Hair Botox

After Hair Botox

Of course, it has done something to the appearance of my hair. How much it has conditioned it, I am yet to find out. So far, it’s been two weeks and it looks shiny and conditioned to me. I am told it lasts for about two months.

Now, what does Hair Botox claim to do? Essentially, it aims to strengthen and condition the hair.

Hair Botox is a Keratin and protein based treatment, that promises to thicken and strengthen the hair while repairing it, if it is damaged. It also promises to leave your hair feeling soft and shiny.

I have naturally frizzy and curly hair. After this treatment, it was quite straight, until my first wash. Gradually, it begins to take it’s original shape and texture, as time goes by. As mentioned before, the effects are supposed to last for two months.

After the application of the Hair Botox (pictured below), it is left on your hair for about 45 minutes, after which it is washed off and then ironed to ‘lock in’ the product’s goodness.

IF

I wasn’t a hundred percent sure what I was going in for, before I decided to get this treatment.

Do I recommend it? Only for people who want straighter hair, if they have curly or frizzy hair and want a change, and for people with really damaged hair – that is chemically treated or in a bad / dry condition. What it does not do is ‘thicken’ the hair; it only deeply conditions it.

I am happy to say that mine isn’t in such bad condition, so perhaps, I didn’t need such an intense treatment. But, I do recommend Hair Botox for those of you who have dry or damaged hair. I got mine at the Famous Beauty Salon and Spa located in Jumeirah.

More information can be found on the Famous Beauty Salon and Spa here.

Watch Mallika Nur, Founder, Famous Beauty Salon and Spa tell you about Hair Botox and about some of the other treatments offered at her ‘famous’ spa!

Hi guys, I am back to give you a review of the Hair Botox that I got done about a month and half ago. The above was published on March 23rd, 2014, a week or so before I got my Botox treatment at The Famous Spa.

It’s almost a month now since the post and a month and a half since I got the treatment. I wanted to tell you if what is told holds true or not:

– The straightness of the hair – that was meant to last two months – it hasn’t unfortunately. It is smoother, yes, but not straight, as I was told. Now, please note (especially for the curly-haired) that this is NOT a pure keratin treatment, so it will not give you ‘dead straight’ hair but the idea was to deeply condition it and make it more manageable. Hence, straighter hair. Unfortunately, mine got back to its almost original texture and curliness after two weeks.

– My scalp is much oilier after the treatment, which makes me want to wash it often. perhaps taking away the goodness of the treatment after all?

– The stench of the Hair Botox stays for at least 10-12 days after the treatment, so please be prepared for that.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

21 Responses

1. my review says:

I had the hair botox done 2 weeks ago.. my hair wasn’t in a bad condition to begin with but I had a lot of hair breakage during my pregnancy and now I have lots of new regrowth that is fine and stands out.. my scalp was very itchy during the treatment which the stylist said to be normal.. my hair looked great after the treatment.. I’ve done 1 wash so far and it didn’t look as nice as when it was styled (ironed) as I merely dried it for 5 min.. but I think it’s a bit too straight which I don’t like.. I might do this treatment again but am wondering if the product will still work of the hair is just blow dried and not flat ironed.? maybe it would be smooth and sleek but not as straight..

2. naila says:

hi,

I dont know why salon staff lie alot. I did my google search about botox treatment & everywhere it is written that it will not straighten hair. My hair is wavy, when i went to different salon, most of them said it will be straight. I did it in dollhouse salon and paid around 1500 Dhs :-(.

After first wash there was no straightening. I hated my hair and now after spending so much money, i cant afford to do anything else. :'(

btw how much did you guys paid? I am thinking of doing Brazilian blowout now…may be should try one of those discounted deals 🙁

• shwetadembla says:

Hi Naila,

How are you? I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I know what you mean. I was kind of disappointed too, as I like the volume in my hair. A Brazilian Blowout should be a good option. I wish I could recommend who does it well. I have not had one done before.
      It’s a good thing though that you do your research prior to getting a treatment done!

I hope the Brazilain Blowout works for you 🙂

Happy hair days ahead!
      Shweta

• tanya says:

Hi I did my keratine from mouj al bahar saloon and it made my hair 80% straight but it’s more manageable I go there every 4months to re do it so far I am very happy with my hair

3. preet says:

Hi,
    I did hair botox treatment last week at Bella fossa salon in emirates grand hotel. I was told effect will stay for 8 to 10 months . if i use sulcate free shampoo. but after wash my hair is same as as before . i paid heavily for it and no effect – wasted my money – don’t do Botox hair treatment.

4. fatima says:

Hi I got my hair botox done on 10th July 2015 after which I washed once up til now and yes it’s back to the normal wavy way.but my hair was very very dry and frizzy.my salon specialist had mentioned that it will give shine silky effect and help in regrowth of hair but it will not 100 % straighten it .
    I don’t like the straight look any ways so I m pretty satisfied that I hv the shine and smooth texture and most imp frizz free hair now.

• shwetadembla says:

Hi Fatima!
      That is so good to hear, that you are satisfied with the results. Where did you get it done?
      With a thing such as hair, when you like the way it looks, that is the best thing! So happy that you liked the results. Me too, I do not like the straight look on my all the time! After all, curly is fun!
      Cheers!
      Shweta
      DIAF

5. Shruti says:

Even my beautician said me botox will give a natural looking straight hair..which is not too straight but looks natural. .. but after the 1st wash … my hair is back to my original all wavy… but i agree that it has made my hair non-fizzy…. when I complained her about my wavy original hair…. she was like if I get the botox done for every 3 or 4 months it would gradually become straight. …. is that true??

• shwetadembla says:

Hi Shruti,

Thanks for stopping by DIAF. Hmmm… I am not sure about whether your hair would become ‘fully straight’ with continuous Botox. From my general knowledge and Google :), I think Botox is just like an intense conditioner. For a semi-permanent straight hair look, I think Keratin is still the way forward.

Cheers
      Shweta
      DIAF

6. Bindu Rai says:

Hey Shweta,

Thanks for the detailed post. I’ve been seriously considering and fearing getting hair botox done on my frizzy mess, but I think I just may stick to regular hair spa procedures.

Putting anything that’s remotely unknown to me is very daunting. Your hair did look lovely in the post treatment image, but maybe eating healthy and rinsing hair with cool water is the route I will try now.

You really helped 🙂

Cheers

• shwetadembla says:

Hi Bindu!
      Thanks for stopping by DIAF and I am so glad that the post helped.
      You are absolutely right about ‘eating healthy’ for healthy hair. I advocate that in all my haircare and skincare posts, no matter what product I am reviewing / experiencing. What goes inside, shows outside for sure.
      Here’s to happy hair days, always!

Cheers

Shweta

7. Reem says:

I got my hair butox done at a saloon in Dubai and was told it will be straight like 100% my Hair is blonde and my beautician said it would repair the damage and make my hair smoother and straight … After I washed it for the first time my hair got so frizzy and dry like its so hard to even brush my hair … When I touch my hair I feel like I’m touch something hard as it is really very dry now
    Any suggestions plz

• shwetadembla says:

Hi Reem,
      I am so sorry to hear that. Well, you could try a deep conditioning treatment. I personally have not had the need to so cannot recommend any places, unfortunately. But I think Sister’s Lounge is overall a decent salon. You call them. Just google ‘Sister’s Beauty Lounge Dubai’
      Hope this helps!

Cheers

Shweta

8. Sance says:

Can I dye my hair and highlight it the day after a Botox treatment? I have to go out of town unexpectedly and the hair Botox treatment washed away some of my color. If I do go color my hair Do I have to wash it before getting it dyed or can I go with the way my hair left the salon the day before?

9. Via says:

I got my botox done at the a salon in oud metha. I have noticed great loss of hair fall after the treatment. I’m not sure if this is normal or cause of concern? I’m worked up about it though 🙁

10. Andreea says:

To the the best Botox, please visit Ladies First beauty Lounge in DIFC near Financial Center Metro Station. They have the most competitive prices in the area and great packages. Using the most high-end product from Italy, the results are more than excellent

Comments are closed.